Download as PDF (updated 02/08/2009)
To obtain a leadership position as a senior software engineer; special interests in startups, web applications, systems integration, agile software development
US Citizen with Top Secret (SSBI – Inactive) clearance
Lead Software Engineer, Clearspring Technologies, McLean, VA (Jun 2008 – Present)
- Part of engineering team of $36 million VC-funded startup, focused on distributing, tracking, and sharing content across the web reaching 400+ million monthly unique visitors
- First software developer in advertising team
- Designed and developed system components for Widget Promotion Channel (WPC) and Widget Advertising Network (WAN), integrating 3rd party advertising systems through custom Java web services
- Created and implemented tracking methods for interactive ad treatments to support analytics and reporting
- Developed advertising ad/widget management tool to streamline process of on-boarding new advertisers and publishers, using custom web services and AJAX
- Designed and prototyped a custom ad server from scratch, using Tomcat and Spring
- Built and integrated a browser screenshot web service, allowing for configurable on-demand screenshot capabilities, using Tomcat and Spring
- Leads all testing initiatives around advertising products, including working with off-shore QA teams
- Coordinate weekly technical brown bags which provides the engineering team a venue to share knowledge and insights across diverse technical backgrounds
Team Lead/Systems Architect, kajeet, Bethesda, MD (Jan 2007 – Jun 2008)
- Worked in a $65+ million VC-backed mobile startup, providing mobile services to parents and tweens
- Developed and maintained kajeet.com and customer service system applications, using Struts and Spring
- Played the role of team lead and ScrumMaster with a group of software developers
- Led the integration and execution of a content management system into the company
- Established web and customer analytics tracking across web properties, using Google Analytics and custom analytics tracking
- Coordinated and performed deployments
- Performed on-call duties and helped troubleshoot production issues
- Worked closely with product and marketing groups to launch new products and features
- Developed event-driven enterprise integration platform built with technologies such as Enterprise Service Bus, Java Messaging Services (JMS), and web services
- Acted as a strong advocate for best practices in software development
Consultant, Booz Allen Hamilton, McLean, VA (June 2005 – Jan 2007)
- Developed integration framework that facilitated analysis tool and algorithm experimentation across heterogeneous environments for the Intelligence Community (IC) built with Spring
- Designed and developed pilot prototype of Government Off-The-Shelf (GOTS) integration framework to provide data access, normalization, transformation, and search capabilities across multiple data sources
- Developed one of the first Director of National Intelligence IC Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) specifications reference implementations
- Developed geospatial visualization web application with Google Earth integration
- Published several developer and user guides for system components
Software Engineer (Intern), Equant, Oak Hill, VA (May 2004 – Aug 2004)
- Designed and developed statistical model chart generator for network monitoring system, Integrated Automation System, using Spring and Tapestry web framework
- Developed report generator in Java to export data from Oracle data source into Microsoft Excel with template formatting
B.S. Computer Science, Minor: Mathematics
Virginia Polytechnic Institute & State University (Virginia Tech), Blacksburg, VA
In-Major GPA: 3.9/4.0 Overall GPA: 3.7/4.0
Unix/Linux, Mac OSX, Windows, Eclipse, MySQL, Oracle, BerkeleyDB, Apache Tomcat, Jetty, IBM WebSphere, ActiveMQ, Axis2, Apache CXF (formerly XFire), Adobe Photoshop, Cruise Control, Hudson, CVS, SVN, Git, Ant, Maven, UNIX command line
Agile development (XP/Scrum), Design patterns, Continuous integration, web services, SOAP/REST, AJAX, J2EE/JSP, Ruby on Rails, JUnit, Selenium, Canoo, JQuery, Prototype, Spring Framework, Spring MVC, Struts, Hibernate, iBatis, and various other open source projects and libraries
Public Works/Side Projects
- theodorenguyen-cao.com – personal blog, mostly on technical topics
- diminutiveurl.com – URL shortening service built in Ruby on Rails
8 thoughts on “Resume”
Can you gtell me which languages to learn to become a good software developer?
good and nice resume example –
Hey great format, you can find more Sample Engineering Resume
Interesting post. I have just bookmarked this at stumbleupon. Others no doubt will like it like I did.
This post contains almost every information to start a career in software development, but a little salary description of a software developer will help more.
perfect resume format for an engineer .can i get formats for chemist.. i am seriously looking for them. i have signed up on http://www.jobspert.com
it is a good job placement site but i am not getting the desired salary so thinking of changing my resume format plz help.
http:www.jobspert.com is a good job portal .
http://jobinmumbai.in is also a good placement site..
visit resumeforjob there are lots of resume templates..